THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
Cyber Essentials can help your organisation in many ways
- Reassure customers that you take cyber security seriously
- Be listed on our Directory of organisations awarded Cyber Essentials
- Attract new business with the promise you have cyber security measures in place
- Some Government contracts require Cyber Essentials certification
WHAT IS CYBER ESSENTIALS?
Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed, industry supported certification scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common cyber attacks.
The certification comes in two forms:
Cyber Essentials – A self assessment process costing £300+ VAT
The self-assessment option gives you protection against a wide variety of the most common cyber attacks. The certification process has been designed to be light-weight and easy to follow in the three steps shown below.
3 steps to Cyber Essentials Certification
- Select a Certification Body through an Accreditation Body.
- Verify that your IT is suitably secure and meets the standards set by Cyber Essentials – your Certification Body can help with this.
- Complete the questionnaire – your Certification Body will provide this and verify your answers. Once you’ve passed, you will be awarded your Cyber Essentials certificate.
For full details, visit the Cyber Essentials Getting Certified page.
Cyber Essentials Plus – Cyber Essentials Plus Certification still has the trademark simplicity of approach. The protections you need to have in place are the same, but this time the verification of your cyber security is carried out independently by a Certification Body.
For more information about Cyber Essentials and how it can help improve your business opportunities, visit the Cyber Essentials website.